Location: Open (interns are placed in any of the offices throughout our territory depending on business need)
From your first day, you will be part of an engaged and customer-focused team! You will be introduced to a portion of our operations focusing on lending, credit and processing. In addition to learning about the different aspects of our operations, you will be given the opportunity to work on a small business challenge project with your fellow interns. You will use your own judgment and creativity as you get to know our business. You will end the summer making recommendations to our team based on what you have learned. Additionally, the summer is packed with opportunities to get to know Farm Credit – our people, our customers, and our unique contribution to rural America. Expect to challenge and to be challenged! The internship will run from approximately June 1st, 2022 through mid August 2022.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, December 6, 2021.
- Gain an understanding of our lending, processing and credit philosophies (and/or other operations based on business need).
- Actively participate in educational opportunities provided throughout the summer to gain a broad understanding of Farm Credit.
- Gain an understanding of the Association's vision, mission and core values.
- Assist in researching, developing and carrying out a project plan with specific goals, and recommendations.
- Present final project in a creative and effective manner.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advance Degree in Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Technology, Human Resources, Business, and/or Agricultural Focus.
- We need candidates who can think on their feet, solve problems creatively, work independently, and travel extensively throughout our region.
- Our interns need exceptional communication and presentation skills, ability to work productively with a diverse team, and be a savvy technology user.
- All of our employees reflect our values: Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration.
(Farm Credit of the Virginias is an EEO/AA employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities)