At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Account Specialist provides exceptional, first-level, internal and external customer service by supporting the delivery of financial services. Responsibilities include evaluating the portfolio to identify cross-selling opportunities, following up with customers regarding these opportunities, completing loan origination for assigned types of loans and planning and coordinating marketing efforts. This position also provides backup support for other Account Specialists and the Customer Support Specialist.
- Establishes, develops and maintains strong internal and external customer relationships by coaching others and consistently providing quality service that is timely, thorough, responsive and exceeds customer expectations.
- Back up the Customer Support Specialist to receive and provide service to walk-in customers and incoming customer calls.
- Works with Financial Officers to understand customer goals, credit strengths and weaknesses and deliver value-added/constructive agricultural and financial information that will assist them in their farming businesses.
- Support Crop Insurance phone and walk-In business by providing requested information, remaining aware of critical crop insurance dates, collecting basic claim information for Crop Insurance Account Specialist (CIAS), accepting documents and completing appropriate checklist.
- Provide Crop Insurance customers renewal acreage or production report via the CIAS or the Crop Insurance Technician hotline.
- Provide Crop Insurance customers premium due amount by calling the CIAS or the Crop Insurance Technician hotline.
CROSS-SELLING: Proactively evaluates the portfolio to cross-sell core products and other services to our customers. Assesses customer financial information during the application process and offers other relevant services. Compiles information to help Financial Officers prepare for sales calls, plan and implement marketing strategies and assist with monitoring the competition within the region.
DELIVERS AND SERVICES CREDIT: Provides support to the lending process, including the following:
- Renews and converts existing credit-scored loans.
- Assists and helps process new loans for walk-in and telephone customers. Can Establish Mutual Value, Receive/Process applications and assist with the decisions of applications for current customer requests as agreed to by Director Retail Operations (based upon skill set) and Financial Officer (based upon need)
- For all other loans, gathers appropriate customer information, triage financial information and assists the Financial Officers and Credit Operations team members to submit and process the loan through decision.
- Obtains annual financial information
- Assist the Financial Officer with:
- Priority identification and process accordingly
- Collateral verification, if needed
- Gathering legal entity documents, as necessary. Entity Verification, if needed, is to be completed by the Closing Specialist role
- Follow up on obtaining needed customer information.
- Customer interaction (with or without the FO present)
- Complete post-closing conditions as assigned by the Closing Specialist, such as Assignment of indemnity for Crop Insurance / Builder’s insurance / Construction Insurance.
- Complete searches to verify lien position on chattel collateral
- Gather correct name verification on existing customers for UCC filing
- Gather AgDirect application and hand-off to AgDirect Servicing Team
- Coordinate and assist in monitoring ongoing loan conditions such as servicing plans, borrowing base, annual financial updates, etc. Responsible for ag construction loan monitoring and FSA Servicing
- Scan documents as received throughout the loan application and partner with the CSS to manage the scanning of loan documents
- Follow SAU account transfer procedures including completion of the SAU Transfer form with Financial Officer assistance if needed.
- Email SAU; coordinate sending DND files to SAU.
- Directs the completion of all loan servicing actions for customers:
- Information gathering and understanding processing needs.
- Coordinate servicing action with appropriate credit department when credit risk analysis is needed or exceeds delegated authority of $150,000.
- At the discretion of the Account Specialist, the Closing Specialist completes servicing documents/closings when real estate, legal descriptions, title, etc. is needed, after approval is obtained, for the following servicing actions:
- Additional Advance
- Collateral Addition
- Collateral Substitution
- Collateral Easement
- Collateral Subordination by FCMA or 3rd Party
- Collateral Correction
TEAM COORDINATION/RELATIONSHIP SUPPORT: Coordinates relationship support activities, such as planning, attending and executing sales events and obtaining sales and marketing materials for Financial Officers, Crop Insurance team members, Director Retail Operations and Regional Vice President.
- Proactively mine the portfolio and other data sources to identify prospecting opportunities
- Compile information as needed to help Financial Officers prepare for sales calls (ex: prepare customer reports prior to officer meeting with customer)
- Occasional involvement in joint sales calls to enhance customer relationships, particularly on high-profile and/or high-touch customers.
- Coordinate direct mail campaigns.
- Assist with monitoring the competition within the region
Education and Experience
Extensive knowledge of agricultural industry (personal, professional or educational) is desired.
High School diploma and at least six years of successful experience in two or more of the following areas: financially related customer service, loan processing, loan servicing. Farm Credit Mid-America experience desired and performance exceeded expectations -OR- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
Farm Credit Mid-America has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- Fitness Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.