Posting Description: Provides leadership to the regional Business Services (accounting and consulting) team. Directs new business development and all accounting and consulting-based service delivery in the assigned region. Provides supervision and technical support to staff as well as oversight of processes and quality controls. Maintains a strong team environment while promoting integration of Business Services across departments to promote cross-selling strategies.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Grows Regional Business Services portfolio volume in accordance with the overall objectives of the Association. Through a regional market development plan, establishes and implements sales and operational strategies to lead growth and development of the region.
- Supervises the marketing and business development activities with assigned staff in concert with the region's business plan and overall goals and objectives for business retention and acquisition. Achieves team portfolio growth and establishes & implements an individual and regional Market Development Plan, holding staff accountable for meeting assigned goals and objectives.
- Focuses on coaching and supervising assigned staff to support region business growth and employee development. Ensures a competent, motivated staff by developing staff’s sales & technical skills through training, shadow ing, mentoring and review of activity and results. Serves as a regional resource for compliance with policies and procedures as they relate to the Business Services function.
- Maintains individual portfolio of select Business Services customers, providing high quality work and exceptional customer service.
- Takes a leadership role in region and Association wide initiatives including special projects or assignments. Engaged within field management structure to develop and oversee Accounting & Consulting Services function and promote cross selling within the assigned region.
- Develops and communicates a strong customer service focus encouraging high standards for both interdepartmental and external customer relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, agriculture or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant or Enrolled Agent.
- Prior experience in Accounting or Consulting (minimum 5 years), with prior leadership/supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively navigate sensitive conversations.
- Ability to independently travel within assigned sales region and overnight travel, as necessary.
- Knowledge of accounting billing and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications