FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are seeking a Quality Control Specialist to join our AgDirect team with Farm Credit Services of America’s (FCSAmerica). This role will be directly responsible for quality review and due diligence of AgDirect retail installment contracts, loan and lease documents to assure consistent high-quality documents are produced for all transaction. Maintain understanding of and ensure compliance with all regulations and procedures associated with loan closing. Responsible for reviewing signed documents and approving the disbursements of funds on RICS, Loans, and Leases. Review legal entity documents to determine who can execute loan documents and resolutions. This position will focus on assessing the effectiveness of file administration such as verification, closing documents, and legal entity documentation. Assist in developing value-added recommendations to address identified deficiencies in loan administration to help manage risk and improve service quality. Provide support to the VP of AgDirect Operations for internal and external audit reviews. Work in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Responsible for researching and relaying proper procedures and best practices to the AgDirect team regarding the preparation of documents, internal controls, lien searches, UCC filing, and steps necessary to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for final review of asset and customer eligibility prior to booking.
- Verify Checks, Wires, and ACH’s created by closing specialists are correct prior to approving funds to be disbursed.
- Understand entity structures such as Corporations, Estates, General Partnerships, LLC’s, Trusts and the Legal documents that need to be collected for an Entity Review for each type of structure.
- Work closely with other AgDirect team members to validate information is accurate before documents are created.
- Assist in the AgDirect Team credit reviews and internal audits on a regular basis, by providing the necessary information and/or answering any relevant questions to the audit teams. Assist AgDirect leadership in process documentation to assure the delivery of the highest level of quality work
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships by providing a consistent quality level of service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to the needs of the dealer/customer.
- Identify and communicate training gaps to AgDirect Leadership
- Lead and perform quarterly peer reviews on high risk transactions.
- 5 years of experience with lending or related industry as well as the internal processes and procedures of AgDirect. An agriculture background is preferred.
- Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications preferred
- Degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent training and experience
- Background in business law, paralegal experience, or strong knowledge of business process risk is preferred.
- 18 vacation days and 15 sick leave days begin accruing the day you start
- 7 paid holidays
- Quality health, dental, vision insurance with competitive monthly premiums
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- All employees eligible for market competitive annual incentive program
- 401k potential for 9% employer contribution on day one
- Charitable giving donation match up to $250/year
- Tuition reimbursement and education assistance programs
- Health and wellness reimbursements
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.