Title: Agriculture Loan Officer/Financial Officer
Office Location: Glencoe, MN
Position Overview: The individual generates new business with new and existing clients, provides agricultural and financial services to clients, while building strong relationships with clients and prospects. While combining agricultural and business knowledge with an in-depth understanding of each client’s current financial position, the incumbent provides innovative and workable alternatives to solve problems and take advantage of opportunities the client and prospective client face. The incumbent markets Compeer Financial’s credit services and other related services to clients and prospective clients based upon the individual’s need for these products.
Successful candidates will:
- Client Relationships: Maintains client relationships through frequent interactions and periodic sales calls. Delivers “value added” informational services to the client. Acts as an important business resource who consistently provides new ideas and useful information that can be used to manage the client’s operation more effectively and efficiently.
- Industry Knowledge: As an agricultural business resource to clients, builds on industry knowledge, including the areas of soil/crop management, fertilizers, seed hybrids, farm implements, new farm technology, animal husbandry and other specific agricultural knowledge pertinent to the geographical region or territory. Keeps up with fast changing farming practices and technology. As an agricultural financing resource to clients, builds in industry knowledge, including the areas of interest rates, financing options and counseling clients on their financial situation.
- Sales and Marketing: Aggressively markets credit and related services, by building relationships with clients, prospects and influencers which lead to new business and referrals. Maintains a prospect file, establishes ongoing prospecting plans and activities, and meets sales goals for both loans and related services. Works to achieve the objectives set by the team for new business development within the designated marketplace. Uses CRM as a part of daily work practices.
- Loan Origination: Originates loans by accepting applications, gathering income information and verifying financials for new and existing clients. Determines the appropriate loan program and term to meet the client’s needs. Works with the Credit Team to secure a credit decision on the application.
- Community Involvement: Develops and maintains a significant “professional presence” throughout the local community. Maintains active involvement in various related professional groups.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Current or ability to obtain, state insurance license to sell crop insurance.
- One to four years of experience in the agribusiness/farming industry, or similar experience in agricultural credit or closely related field.
- Basic knowledge of loan products and services, as well as credit operations.
- Basic knowledge of farm production methods, farm products, and farm business management/finance.
- Knowledge of finance, macroeconomics and competitive products and services.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, client service and team skills.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective negotiating and selling skills.
- Computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) and other related accounting applications.
- Valid driver’s license.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Compeer Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.