GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for an Application Developer Intern in our East Lansing corporate headquarters. This intern will learn the coding standards and techniques common in an enterprise business software development environment. The skills developed include programming in the Microsoft .Net platform using software patterns, design principles and best practices under the guidance of a mentor. The Internship will run from May 10th, 2021 through August 27th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
- Creates various artifacts to model the technical design of custom applications to guide the development effort.
- Provides time estimates for the effort anticipated to complete project tasks for each project plan.
- Works with version control software for checking in, checking out, version tracking, branching and merging changes to source code.
- Adheres to GreenStone documented standards for developing software solutions, e.g. coding, database, deployment, web service, and architecture standards.
- Performs various activities in support of authoring code, e.g. formulating algorithms, writing code, compiling, publishing, debugging, packaging, deploying, etc.
- Perform unit testing of GreenStone authored software components for alignment with requirements and standards.
- Understands and follows departmental standard operating procedures, including the SDLC process and case usage process
- Supports project team by reporting personal status independently and during project status meetings.
- Supports project team by assisting other functional roles as needed or assigned.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Sophomore Status or above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office products
- Must have a 3.00 GPA or higher