The Appraiser will develop expertise through education and field experience in appraisal principles and techniques to become a NCAB designated certified general real estate appraiser. This position requires the application of current methods and techniques of real property valuation. The Appraiser will assist in performing real estate and chattel appraisals, collect and analyze support data, and assist other members of the Appraisal Department in the coordination of the association's appraisal program.
Essentail functions of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with assigned field inspections and appraisals of all types of collateral under the direction of a supervising appraiser. Completes a comprehensive appraisal process involving inspection, observation, description and analysis of the property to determine the property’s present market value. Details and documents the information of the property and selects, correlates, and applies proper appraisal method. Exercises sound judgment in the formation and conclusion of values. Submits detailed evaluations and/or appraisal of findings as required by FCA and association appraisal regulations and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Attends appraisal seminars as needed to meet the education requirements of the NCAB and attains experience points for appraisal certification. Continues to improve skills through the pursuit of continuing education in appraisal and related fields.
- Develops and maintains real property sales data and other information for use in the evaluation and appraisal functions. Maintains and ensures loan officers receive current data on properties that represent a cross section of the industries served.
- Assists in the completion of special studies and projects relative to the appraisal process.
- Assists in reviewing appraisals of contract fee appraisers.
- Maintains database of sales, cost and income information for the industries served by the association.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in related field.
- State Certified Residential or General Appraiser.
- General knowledge of principles of real estate appraisal and application of the three approaches to value as well as Federal, State and local laws affecting real estate and chattel evaluations.
- Specialized appraisal training from internal and external sources such as approved CE courses as defined by the NCAB and American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst or other facilities may be required.
- Completes experience logs and verification of supervised appraisal experience as required by the NCAB.
- Physical ability to inspect rural homes and farms including forest land.
- Knowledge of appraisal related forms and software including UAAR and URAR.
- Up to 1 year of appraisal experience.
- Farm or ranch background with related practical experience.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE M/W/D/V