Asset and Credit Operations Examiner I/II
At CoBank, our Asset and Credit Operations Examiner conducts credit quality, credit administration and credit operational reviews in specifically assigned portfolios. Under supervision, serves as the Examiner-in-Charge for a limited number of portfolios with responsibility for developing loan review activity plans, coordinating and overseeing review activity, and preparing professional reports for distribution to senior management. Assists in the identification of specific and general areas of concern, as well as begins to recommend process and credit administration enhancements based on the results of review activity. Analyzes financial statements, credit narratives, spreadsheets, and supporting loan and legal documentation in order to fully analyze, report, and make recommendations during the course of a review. Assist in the internal and external audit and review functions with credit-related programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, auditing or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial credit and lending, or 2 years in credit administration examination activities or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Agribusiness experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of asset-based lending, collateral audits, and credit administrative reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of complex lending arrangements, financial structuring, loan documentation, collateral perfection, and bank products across all industry lines, including, but not limited to, commercial, cooperative, and producer lending.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel), including experience using Excel pivot tables
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work and projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, depending on project or travel requirements.
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time required.
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.