We are looking for an AVP of Application Development to join us in either Santa Rosa, California, Denver, Colorado or Wichita, KS!
We are seeking a strong leader to drive software development practice with the ultimate goal of supplying strong resources to our business delivery team. This leader will also produce road maps, metrics, and tooling to support our developers.
Who is American AgCredit?
Our mission is simple… Be the best lender to Agriculture. In order to deliver on that statement, we have the best people working for us. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, with offices throughout California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada and Oklahoma, we have been serving all segments of the agricultural business for over 100 years!
Benefits offered by American AgCredit:
- Commitment to agriculture and our communities we serve
- Family friendly work environment
- Investment in employee growth, development and training
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Outstanding 401k – up to 9% matching!
- Generous Vacation Leave (starting at 15 days)
- 15 Paid Sick Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Incentive Compensation Plan
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee fitness and wellness benefits.
- Free Soda, Coffee and Snacks!
The AVP IT Development Manager position is a leadership and management position responsible for developing and leading the IT and Business Delivery Team Software Development teams and community of practice. This leader will be responsible for the management and execution of development initiatives related to IT and Business Delivery Team driven product and project work, encompassing both the technological tools and environments in an agile manner as well as the overall development methodologies appropriate for American AgCredit .This position is accountable for the leadership of all aspects of software development and solutions integration. The IT Development Manager will play a significant role in transforming and revolutionizing our platforms to facilitate significant growth and drive ongoing improvements.
1) Manages and leads the ongoing evolution of the software development lifecycle for America AgCredit and alignment of the process with industry and agile best practices for applications development while conforming to the business, technology, product and project needs;
2) Collaborates with other AVPs within IT and the Business Delivery Teams to ensure alignment across all team efforts as well as software development needs;
3) Prepares regular reports for IT and Business Delivery Team leadership showing software development tool usage, software development methodologies and metrics;
4) Responsible for the work of others, resource allocations and decision-making affecting the success of product and project delivery;
5) Manages the team’s budget and expenditures. Assists in the annual IT budget review process and manages to the approved IT budget throughout the year;
6) Research new technologies, services, standards and recommend and implement changes where appropriate;
7) Drives continuous improvement for the IT Development area as well as Business Delivery teams;
8) Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1) BA/BS degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems, accounting, or business; or equivalent ;
2) Over ten years progressively responsible information technology experience. Financial industry experience desired.
3) Over five years experience in Software Development management;
4) Agile Certification preferred;
5) Create software development roadmap and vision with the collaboration of architecture and business delivery teams as well as leaders across the Association
6) Problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze problems quantitatively and qualitatively.
7) Experience influencing organizational change without direct authority.
8) Experience with process redesign, operational and system implantation desirable.
9) Foundational understanding of the software lifecycle and software engineering best practices, including business / functional specification, technical documentation, configuration management, and DevOps;
11) Knowledge and experience with relational database applications (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language).
12) Experience with Waterfall and Agile/Scrum management practices; DevOps experience preferred.
13) High level of objectivity, tact, and diplomacy to establish and maintain effective on-going relationships.
14) Strong management, collaboration, negotiation and analytical leadership along with team building skills.
15) Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions within delegated authorities and time restraints.
16) Must have excellent attention to detail and be driver to deliver quality above all else, be focused, and expert at managing process while maximizing delivery. Expertise at driving products and projects through the entire project life cycle, from inception to launch and beyond.
17) Exceptional verbal, written analytical, persuasive, and interpersonal skills.
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and work in a typical office setting. Employee will be sitting for extended periods of time and accomplishing work at a desk and work at a computer for an extended period of time. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in performance of the job. Some lifting and moving of items up to 25 pounds required. Work during established business hours and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.