As a key member of the Legal team, you will be a part of AgriBank’s mission to support the people who feed the world. The Board and Government Relations Specialist acts as the liaison to the board of directors, coordinates board activities and training, and supports the Bank’s Government Relations efforts.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and recommend board agendas for review by executives, senior leadership and board leadership
- Compile, review, and edit board materials and packets
- Organize activities that facilitate the achievement of board and management priorities
- Anticipate board needs and manage board processes to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Attend board meetings, take notes, and prioritize follow-up action items
- Assist and support all Government Relations activities
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct the annual nominating committee and Board of Directors elections process and maintain and update nominating committee charter, director election procedures and other governing documents
Are you ready for a rewarding career? Join us today!
- Associate degree in business administration, corporate governance, paralegal studies or related field
- 5 years of related experience, including experience providing support to board or executive management
- 1 year of experience working with boards/committees on board governance operations
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of office administration support, processes, and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Farm Credit System or other cooperative governance structure and environment
- Working knowledge of Board processes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Skill in recognizing and maintaining confidential information
- Skill in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with senior leaders and board members
- Skill in organizing and coordinating schedules to ensure efficient and effective use of time
- Skill in scheduling and arranging accommodations for meetings
- Skill in taking meeting minutes with an appropriate level of detail
- Skill in performing a variety of duties under the stress of frequent interruptions or distractions
- Highly proactive, ability to work without daily supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to review, analyze, and synthesize information
- Demonstrate exceptional judgement and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisors and board members
- Skill in utilizing time in an efficient and effective manner
- Skill in coordinating and tracking tasks assigned to several internal or external resources
- Skill in focusing and concentrating on details
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Bank’s systems and data
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
AgriBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may apply for this position by clicking on the following link:
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact us through the following methods: Phone: 651-282-8647 or Mail: AgriBank, Attn: Talent Recruiting, 30 E 7th Street, Suite 1600, St. Paul, MN 55101.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
AgriBank FCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/W/D/V) dedicated to diversity in the workplace and offers a great work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.