We are searching for a Business Development Officer to join our customer solutions team, helping young, beginning, and small (YBS) producers to start, grow or remain in agriculture. In this position, you’ll be responsible for the marketing and promotion of the Association’s Development Fund program in the West and South Business Development Units (Nebraska, Kansas, and Wyoming). You’ll work directly with YBS producers on business plan coaching and feedback, coordinating the processing and review of loan applications, and assisting in the development and delivery of educational materials.
The Development Fund offers a specialized financing plan for young and beginning producers starting or growing their operations. The program includes financing to enhance working capital, assist with the purchase of breeding livestock, and provide down payment assistance for contract facilities. In addition to financing, the program provides financial guidance, planning, and education to position their plan for success.
- Own and coordinate the process for moving Development Fund applications from submission through review, approval/denial, and loan closing.
- Consult with loan applicants on development of their business plans through face-to-face meetings, videoconferences, and telephone consultations. Provide guidance and answer questions throughout the business planning process.
- Compile information for presentation to loan decision committee including, but not limited to, loan application, financial reports, business plan, and application summary.
- Develop and execute a monitoring program that reviews program customers’ business plans and financial performance on an annual or more frequent basis.
- Coordinate and assist with promotion of the Development Fund program in collaboration with the YBS Program, including working with retail leadership to identify internal program advocates who will champion the Development Fund products and identify local prospects in their areas.
- Coordinate the development and ongoing enhancement of materials and processes necessary to administer the Development Fund.
- Explain program guidelines, including target audience characteristics, eligibility requirements, program processes, and the necessary legal considerations.
- Engage with advocates on a regular basis to assess the program’s effectiveness and identify opportunities to improve.
- Maintain regular reports that summarize the impact of the Development Fund and examine performance of the portfolio.
- 5 years of experience in agriculture business, lending, agriculture sales and marketing, farm and ranch management, agriculture education, or related industries.
- Knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities that exist for young, beginning and small producers.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, business, finance, or related field is preferred.
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.