Our lending location teams rely on our Business Service Specialist to assess and fulfill the needs of our walk-in and telephone customer traffic while at the same time making sure our lending systems are accurate and updated. The Business Service Specialist supports our lending location marketing and sales initiatives, and provides accounting and clerical support. While agriculture is the passion of our customers, becoming a Farm Credit Business Service Specialist does not require an agriculture background. However, our loan products and our systems are complex and thus the following skills are necessary to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of high school education with two years of work experience in lending, finance or related.
- Exceptional ability to interact with our customers and deliver outstanding service within an environment of complex loan products and complex loan systems.
- Approach work with high standards & a positive attitude, eliciting others' confidence
- Good judgement
- Detail oriented and can ensure data integrity and information accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Demonstrate ability to learn our software & database programs
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in interacting effectively with a diverse group of people and ability to engage others in team setting
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Able to accomplish responsibilities with a high degree of independence under limited supervision
- May require travel to other offices to cover for others in the BSS role who are out of the office and minimal travel for training
- May require overtime with limited notice to meet customer demands
- Knowledge of credit and accounting policies and procedures a plus