GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for a Summer Intern in our Capital Markets department. GreenStone’s Capital Markets group focuses primarily on large syndicated commercial debt transactions that have multiple lending partners involved. We have lending relationships with many well-known brands throughout the international food chain and with numerous publicly traded companies and privately held entities and cooperatives.
The Internship will be located in East Lansing, MI and run from approximately May 10th, 2021 through August 27th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
Primary Responsibilities may include;
- Working with the Capital Markets credit staff to gain experience with commercial credit underwriting standards and processes.
- Working with the Capital Markets sales staff as necessary to gain an understanding of how syndicated deals are structured and arranged, as well as to help manage deals through the credit approval process. This may include some domestic travel to bank meetings and/or other industry functions.
- Working extensively with Microsoft Word and Excel to input, analyze, and present detailed financial information in a concise and accurate manner.
- Learn more about agricultural standards and practices, as well as the global food chain more broadly.
- Assist Capital Markets Leadership with various department reports and other duties as assigned.
- Current sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Agricultural background/experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must for the position.
- Strong working knowledge of the various Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have a 3.00 GPA or higher