Take the next step in your career and act on this opportunity to join the quality team of a major agricultural lending institution! FCS Financial is seeking an independent, conscientious and detail-oriented individual to join our appraisal team as a Certified General Appraiser. This Certified General Appraiser researches, analyzes, values, completes, and communicates agricultural appraisals used as a basis for lending decisions. The individual's primary job duties would include: Market Data Analysis, Appraisal Services, and Inspections.
Certified General Real Estate license is required for this role.
This position is open until filled.
The Market Territory for this position is West Central Missouri. Potential office locations for this position in Missouri include Harrisonville, Springfield, Nevada, and Sedalia.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: Vice President, Team Leader, Appraisal and Collateral Risk Management
Market Data Analysis
- Researches subject property, comparable sales, market and neighborhood data, cost information, income information and specialized information
- Determines which sales are most applicable to assignment
- Determines which sources of information will best confirm sales and property information and which aspects of the comparable sale effect value
- Compiles, analyzes and writes up comparable sales and determines if particular attributes have a positive or negative effect on value
- Maintains work files, updates Range of Values, performs yearly benchmark appraisals and maintains network of appraisal and real estate professionals
- Determines depth of research appropriate for assignment and which approaches of value are applicable based on the purpose and use of the assignment
- Reports assignment results via a written appraisal
- Concludes an opinion of value
- Ensures appraisals meet the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and company expectations and guidelines
- Maintains sales database
- Analyzes highest and best use of subject property using market data
- Reviews legal descriptions and completes physical inspection of land and improvements using sketches, photographs and/or interviews
- Determines what state requirements must be met to maintain certification
- Observes and complies with USPAP reporting standards
- May mentor and coach new colleagues
Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Annual Appraisals (Equivalent Reports) Completed
Aggregate Annual Value of Real Appraised
Up to $100 million
Experience as to Complexity of Appraisal
Normal and customary agriculture properties typical to the assigned appraiser territory