POSITION PURPOSE - In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the overall operation of the Association with the objective of providing value-added financial services to member/owners on a profitable, competitive and financially sound basis. She / he will also represent the Association to the community, financial community, and Association membership. The CEO will develop supervisory controls and present reports to the Association board and provide executive leadership and direction to the operating units consistent with safe and sound business practices; local board policies; compliant with the financing agreement with the funding bank (Farm Credit Bank of Texas); FCA regulations; and federal, state and local laws. The CEO will foster a culture that promotes ethical practices, encourage individual integrity and fulfill its social responsibility.
- With the board, collaboratively establish business direction that supports Association strategy, operating and budget plans, and action plans to lead Lone Star Ag Credit into the future.
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team, manage all aspects of the credit function, assuring sound credit philosophy and policy & procedure.
- Manage the financial results of the organization, assuring a robust business plan that delivers the greatest shareholder value, in coordination with our cooperative principles.
- Provide advice and counsel to the board and accept direct accountability for executing the board’s policy direction.
- Continue to build on the strong cultural foundation and actively manage the cultural health and development needed for future success of the Association.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the Association's marketing and business development, customer service, lending, financial and accounting and internal control operations.
- Oversee communication, ensuring that Association values and objectives are effectively communicated to all stakeholders (all levels of employees, customers, the board, Farm Credit Administration, funding bank and communities, etc.)
- Facilitate management development and succession, proactively making necessary adjustments to maintain an effective and efficient operation.
- Determine the overall organizational structure, credit delivery systems and staffing, ensuring the Association hires, develops and motivates a highly competent and professional staff.
- With full direct lender authorities and accountabilities, proactively manage the Association's controls and financial and operating results (i.e., capital requirements, asset quality requirements, management and staff effectiveness, and earnings and liquidity requirements).
- Direct the development and implementation of necessary local operating policies, procedures and programs and management systems, controls and standards to effectively carry out the Association's objectives.
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the Association's financial structure, including risk management, competitiveness of its products and services and responsiveness to its customers' needs.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory statutes, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, security and acceptable use policies as documented in the Information Systems Security Policy and the Information Systems – Rules of Conduct, etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong commitment and adherence to personal values that align with the Lone Star Ag Credit culture and code of ethics.
- 8+ years of successful experience in senior leadership, preferably in a financial institution of similar asset size and complexity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the agricultural markets and agricultural lending critically important.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in ag-lending, policy, scope and eligibility requirements, including Farm Credit System experience, strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Superior leadership, team building and talent development skills.
- Strong analysis, judgment and strategic thinking.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics or related field. Advanced education preferred or certificate from a graduate School of Banking preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the laws and regulations governing financial institutions.
It is the policy of Lone Star Ag Credit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lone Star Ag Credit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
NOTE ON THE SELECTION PROCESS
The Board of Directors of Lone Star Ag Credit will be working with FCC Services to manage the selection process. Leading the process is Jay Lux, Vice President of Organizational Effectiveness Consulting at FCC Services.
FINAL DATE FOR APPLICATION: July 3, 2019
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Jay Lux, FCC Services, at 651.982.4568 or firstname.lastname@example.org.