About Us-AgGeorgia Farm Credit, headquartered just south of Macon, GA in the community of Perry is a lending cooperative owned by its over 4,500 member-borrowers and a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System established in 1916. It is one of the most experienced and trusted lenders serving rural Georgia communities and agricultural produces. Our team of over 110 employees serving 79 Georgia counties provide capital and financial services to full-time farmers, part-time farmers, and land buyers alike. With our mission to help our members grow through our profit-sharing program and relationship-driven lending, our cooperative structure is strengthening farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses and rural homeowners in the communities we live and work, as well as rural America.
As a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of borrower-owned lending institutions and specialized service organizations, the Farm Credit System provides loans, leases, and related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, aquatic producers, timber harvesters, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural utility cooperatives and has more than $320 billion in assets.
Established in 1917 as part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, AgGeorgia Farm Credit has maintained long-standing traditions of independence, strength, stability and service in meeting the financing needs of our customers/owners, whether for real estate, operating equipment, livestock funds or agribusiness needs. Throughout our history, the dedication of our directors and staff to these qualities has enabled the Association to succeed at its mission.
The board of AgGeorgia Farm Credit is currently seeking the CEO to lead this vibrant organization into the future.
With over $1 billion in assets, our team has a tremendous runway for growth and the capital to serve our customers.
In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the overall operation of the association with the objective of providing value-added financial services to member/owners on a profitable, competitive and financially sound basis. She/he will also represent the association to the community, financial community, and association membership. The CEO will develop supervisory controls and present reports to the association board and provide executive leadership and direction to the operating units consistent with safe and sound business practices; local board policies; compliant with the financing agreement with the funding bank (AgFirst Farm Credit Bank); FCA regulations; and federal, state and local laws. The CEO will foster a culture that promotes ethical practices, encourage individual integrity and fulfill its social responsibly.
- With the board, collaboratively establish business direction that supports association strategy, operating and budget plans, strategies and action plans to lead AgGeorgia Farm Credit into the future.
- In collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, manage all aspects of the credit function, assuring sound credit philosophy and policy & procedure.
- Manage the financial results of the organization, assuring a robust business plan that delivers the greatest shareholder value, in coordination with our cooperative principles.
- Provide advice and counsel to the board and is directly accountable for executing the board’s policy direction.
- Continue to build on the strong cultural foundation and actively manage the cultural health and development needed for future success of the association.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the association's marketing and business development, customer service, lending, financial and accounting and internal control operations.
- Engaging communication, ensuring that association values and objectives are effectively communicated to all stakeholders (all levels of employees, customers, the board, Farm Credit Administration, funding bank and communities, etc.)
- Facilitate management development and succession, proactively making necessary adjustments to maintain effective and efficient operation.
- Determine the overall organizational structure, credit delivery systems and staffing, ensuring the association hires, develops and motivates a highly competent and professional staff.
- With full direct lender authorities and accountabilities, proactively manage the association's controls and financial and operating results (i.e., capital requirements, asset quality requirements, management and staff effectiveness, earnings requirements and liquidity requirements).
- Direct the development and implementation of necessary local operating policies, procedures and programs and management systems, controls and standards to effectively carry out the association's objectives.
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the association's financial structure, including risk management, competitiveness of its products and services and responsiveness to its customers' needs.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory statutes, including, but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley, security and acceptable use policies as documented in the Information Systems Security Policy and the Information Systems – Rules of Conduct, etc.
- Proactively manage all assoction risk, including protect association Information Systems and the Information Assets contained in those systems including customer information and association financial information from unauthorized access, as well as protection of the association’s physical assets including buildings, documents, and equipment from unauthorized access or harm.
- Assure the board actively engages in director development and Farm Credit System-wide training.
- Other duties as required.
40% FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONS: Maintain a cost-effective profitable association in accordance with Business Plan and Budgetary transactions and in accordance with prescribed accounting principles of the Bank and Association Board. Carries out an effective association Internal Control Program.
35% CREDIT, AUDIT & APPRAISAL: Assure sound loans, complete documentation and analysis, appropriate servicing and implementation of business plan in accordance with overall objectives of the association with satisfactory audit results of association credit and appraisal function.
20% MARKETING/ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Maintains a favorable Farm Credit image and assures products and services are offered/marketed in accordance to the association’s needs and objectives.
5% HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Assure a well-trained, motivated and appropriately compensated staff capable of meeting the challenge of the association’s goals.
- Strong commitment and adherence to personal values that align with the AgGeorgia Farm Credit culture and code of ethics.
- 10+ years of successful experience in senior leadership, preferably in a financial institution of similar asset size and complexity.
- Strong analysis, judgment and strategic thinking, including the creation of business and strategic plans.
- Superior leadership, team building and talent development skills, leading a team of six direct reports.
- Exceptional communication skills, fostering relationships with the funding bank, regulator, partners and all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the agricultural markets and agricultural lending critically important.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in ag-lending, policy, scope and eligibility requirements, including Farm Credit System experience, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics or related field. Advanced education preferred or certificate from a graduate School of Banking preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the laws and regulations governing financial institutions.
It is the policy of AgGeorgia Farm Credit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AgGeorgia Farm Credit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
NOTE ON THE SELECTION PROCESS
The Board of Directors of AgGeorgia Farm Credit will be working with FCC Services to manage the selection process. Leading the process is Jay Lux, Vice President of Organizational Development at FCC Services.
FINAL DATE FOR APPLICATION: April 15, 2020
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Jay Lux, FCC Services, at 651.982.4568 or firstname.lastname@example.org.