The Claims Administrative Coordinator interacts with customers, adjusters, third party administrators, brokers, attorneys, insurance companies, other vendors, and all levels of personnel within the organization. This role provides guidance in response to insurance policy questions. This role also provides administrative support and data analysis functions to the Claims Team.
- Provides administrative support for the claims department by assisting Claims Adjusters and Claims Leadership in data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, scanning, and word processing
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, and mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Creates timely and accurate reports and other documents as requested
- Monitors and processes Claim Payments and outstanding Checks. Works with the Accounting department to process and reconcile outstanding claim checks and the completion of void and stop payment requests
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Manages document storage and retrieval process.
- Works in imaging system to assign documents to claim files
- Processes claims letters and documentation
- Assists the company claims department with distribution of emails to the appropriate person from a central email.
- Assists callers with their inquiries
- Assigns new claims based on direction from Claims Management.
- Responsible for vendor payments
- Assists with setting up new claims
- Processes mail, handle files, and inputs notes/diary entries in the claims system as directed
- Processes form letters, state forms and reports and sends to appropriate insureds, claimants and third parties.
- Assist claims examiners with telephone calls including provider, claimant and customer calls
- Generates monthly reports as required by Claims Department.
- Handles medical record collection, billing, CMS/Medicare, Med Authorization, Independent Adjuster (IA) and other form/letters requests.
- Creates and modifies periodic and regularly scheduled reports for the Risk Management and Insurance department and clients for underwriting analysis when requested. Work with other team members to assist with stewardship reports for customers.
- Manages vendors that maintain and coordinate the department’s agency and adjuster licenses and regulatory compliance.
- Will act as back up for the Risk Management Coordinator for the Programs team over time
- Minimum 1 year prior administrative or clerical support experience preferably in claims
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Good customer service and follow up skills
- Solid organizational skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to operate fax, photocopy and scanning equipment.
- Prior claims admin experience preferred.
- Basic PC skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
- Demonstrates knowledge of claims processes.
- Develops basic understanding of claims guidelines.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of insurance industry.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of claims systems.
- Demonstrates a familiarity with company policies/procedures.
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate (verbally and in writing) with customers, brokers, insurers, vendors and others about Risk Management programs processes.
An Overview of FCC Services. Our Expertise. Our Services.
Our vision is simple yet bold—we empower organizations to be more. We are a business services and consulting firm specializing in leadership development, talent selection, risk management, insurance management, and claims administration.
Since 1975, FCC Services has worked with the Farm Credit System, cooperatives and self-insured public entities to help them achieve organizational and operational excellence by helping them manage their risks.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with approximately 50 employees, FCC Services is proud to serve a variety of clients across the U.S.
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to Be More.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- 9-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Casual Dress Code
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to human.resources@FCCServices.com.
FCC Services is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).