This position facilitates the coordination of diversified specialty accounts. Collaborates with internal and external parties (i.e. attorneys, investors, title companies, etc.) to ensure transactions are documented and closed in accordance with industry/banking regulations, compliance and state/federal laws. Adheres to Compeer Financials policies and procedures on loan and servicing transactions. Understands standard commercial terminology, including syndication, participation and interest swaps.
- Monitors and coordinates the entire loan/lease transaction. Manages and controls processing of loan/lease transactions upon receipt of opportunity.
- Follows established organizational policies and procedures to ensure transactions are compliant with laws and regulations.
- Identifies, prepares and/or requests the drafting of supplemental transaction documents, when necessary.
- Reviews loan narratives, term sheets, title insurance documentation, legal documents, Uniform Commercial Code filings, fixture filings, and other related documents to confirm the organization’s required collateral lien position.
- Collaborates with internal and external parties to request and obtain required documents, ensure all issues such as conditions precedent, title exceptions are addressed to follow policies and procedures, in the context of a specific transaction.
- Coordinates on-site and off-site closings with internal and external clients which may be outside of Compeer’s territory. Executes closing transactions with clients by reviewing all documents, answering client questions and securing appropriate signatures on all documents.
- Collaborates with sales and/or other team members to service client relationships, including but not limited to servicing actions and movement of money (cash management).
- Provides world-class client service, determines client needs, and meets those needs to the extent of delegated authority, including disbursement of funds and working within credit underwriting guidelines.
- Assists with networking and building relationships with clients, supports the team relationship model and is a trusted partner.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business administration, legal, agriculture or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 3+ years related closing, title, or legal experience.
- As required per state, ability to obtain required Closing Agent and Insurance Producer License within 12 months.
- Ability to be commissioned as a Notary Public for the state within 45 days of hire.
- Knowledge of commercial industry terminology and transactions including processes and requirements, personal property security documents, real estate, legal, banking, security requirements and title insurance.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions and collateral documents to gather appropriate information for document preparation.
- Accounting and mathematical skills to calculate data, reconcile funds and determine payoffs.
- Background in agriculture preferred.
- Skills in processing complex, detailed information in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication and client service skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Skill in utilizing MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.) and client databases to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Valid driver’s license and willing to travel.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.