Position/Title: COLLATERAL INSPECTOR
Date: November 21, 2018
Location: Coleman, TX or Early, TX
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Central Texas Farm Credit, ACA is a financial institution that provides loans for agriculture, agribusiness, as well as farm and ranch real estate. The institution is headquartered in Early and has seven branch offices located in Brady, Early, Coleman, Comanche, Haskell, San Angelo, and San Saba which service 20 counties in central Texas. We have been part of the Farm Credit System, the national source of financing for agriculture and rural America, for more than 100 years and have total assets in excess of $500 million.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Performs and assists with collateral evaluations on personal property, chattels, and real estate throughout the Association’s territory.
- Performs and assists with collateral valuations in compliance with association collateral evaluation standards and procedures on personal property, chattels, and real estate throughout the Association’s territory.
- Maintains a comparable sales database, current improvement cost data, current livestock market data, current equipment cost data, and other resource information required to make accurate evaluations.
- Prepares collateral valuation reports and related correspondence as directed by the Collateral Evaluator.
- May review appraisals performed by outside fee appraisers.
Summary of Desired/Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance or a related field, or six (6) months or more equivalent experience in the area of collateral evaluation.
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of property and collateral evaluation methods.
- Specialized knowledge of real estate instruments and records.
- Skill in research and analysis of public records.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform valuations of agricultural producing properties under moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and wish to be considered for this position, please forward a current resume along with salary history to:
Central Texas Farm Credit, ACA
P.O. Box 511
Coleman, Texas 76834
ATTENTION – Jordan Riggs, Collateral Evaluator
Fax No. (325) 625-2165
This position is currently open and will close upon filling.
At the sole discretion of Central Texas Farm Credit, individuals with less than minimum experience requirements may be considered with the position adjusted to a commensurate title.