GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for a Compliance Intern in our East Lansing, MI Corporate Headquarters. The Internship will run from May 10th, 2021 through August 27th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
- Work with staff to plan, develop, and execute operational audits covering various legal business processes and subject matters designed to add value and improve operations
- Perform internal audit procedures, including observations and walk-throughs, document examinations, analytical review, reconciliations, and other procedures in order to assist in formulated or expressing an opinion, render a conclusion, or otherwise meet the objects of the assignment.
- Provide support and assistance to other staff to prepare work papers and summarize results
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Sophomore Status or above.
- 3.00 GPA is required.
- Interest or experience working in the agricultural sector.