Plains Land Bank, FLCA
5625 Fulton Drive
Amarillo, TX 79109
Job Title: Credit Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Full-Time, Including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k Benefit options.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) or more years of experience in the administration and analysis of credit on commercial and mortgage loans including risk assessments and recommendations on approval of loan applications.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association’s mortgage and commercial loans. Fully competent professional, assignments are varied and moderately complex in nature, some latitude for decision making, works under moderate supervision by the Chief Credit Officer and Credit Manager.
1. Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association’s mortgage and commercial loans. Works directly with lending staff in the development of appropriate credit decisions and prepares other reports as requested by management.
2. Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and tax returns to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages. Determines probability of Default (PD) ratings as appropriate and makes recommendations for approval or denial of loans.
3. Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to loan officers regarding association lending policies and procedures.
4. Reviews and approves loans submitted by other lending staff that exceed their delegated authority.
5. Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
6. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
7. Assists senior-level credit analysts with complex loan applications as necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under moderate supervision.