GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long-term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for a Summer Intern in our Credit department. The Internship will be located in East Lansing, MI and run from approximately May 10th, 2021 until August 27th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
Primary Responsibilities may include;
- Working with a regional credit analyst to gain experience with Credit underwriting.
- Utilize GreenStone systems to gather, analyze, and present data related to the necessary projects within established timeframes.
- Work extensively with Microsoft Excel to input, analyze, and present the information to complete the projects.
- Stay up to date on agricultural industries as well as country wide agriculture news.
- Assist Credit Leadership with department reports.
- Current sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a degree in Agriculture, Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Background in Agriculture is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office products.
- Must have a 3.00 GPA or higher