This individual will serve Compeer’s internal and external clients by supporting other team members and processing loan requests, loan servicing requests, and other credit. Participates in the ongoing design of processes to provide exceptional service and achieve satisfactory credit administration goals which results in achievement of targeted credit quality with adequate compensation for risk. Provides analysis and support for analysis of loan applications for new or renewed loans and loan servicing. The Credit Officer approves/denies loans within delegated authority, and completes the analysis and loan structuring efforts for larger, more complex loans.
Successful candidates will provide:
- Credit Expertise & Analysis: Provides accurate financial analysis for complex client relationships by utilizing various software applications and other related systems; qualifies and validates financial information utilized in the credit decision making process; completes accrual earnings reconciliation as needed; remains updated on the industries serviced by the assigned business unit; maintains a working knowledge of various risk mitigation.
- Client Service: Provides prompt turn around on credit and servicing requests; communicates the status of loans in process with internal credit, sales, and operations to insure coordination between external client and Compeer.
- Credit Administration & Reporting: Monitors the loan performance for the organization and provides direction for loan classification; works directly with sales team or with clients to develop a plan to cure loan delinquencies; monitors database exception reports to ensure proper financial, collateral, and loan classifications are accurate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, finance, business administration, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 or more years of related experience.
- Has delegated lending authority; personally involved in the analysis and processing of complex credit packages
- Knowledge of core agricultural crop and livestock industries and production practices
- Excellent understanding of credit processing and servicing activities, accounting principles and practices, credit analysis procedures, and credit administration
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, team building, problem solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong decision making, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Requires advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and client databases.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
- Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.