AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The Credit Reviewer II requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. The work is best accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or "politics" for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing asset validations and special reviews on associations and OFIs (other financial institutions).
- Assists in preparing and presenting reports.
- Scope of reviews includes loan classification, credit administration, official loans (SOC compliance), FCA loan type designations and other areas pertinent to the GFA and perceived risk.
- Handles analysis of more complex loans within the review sample
- Ensure proper planning, staffing, coordination, documentation and timely reporting of reviews when designated as Lead Reviewer.
- Contributes to special projects such as development, testing, implementation and training of department software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of job experience in banking/finance/lending.
- Minimum of 2 years of asset validation/loan review experience required.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting, financial analysis, collateral valuation and loan structuring.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work with ACA’s, Capital Market Officers, Relationship Managers, and other Bank Employees in a team environment to achieve AgFirst goals.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in use of Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AgriGate, AgDocs, ACBS, CRM and other Bank and District systems.
- Willingness and ability (driver’s license) to travel out of town occasionally.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.