Title: Credit Underwriter
Location: Fond du Lac, WI
This position services internal and external clients by supporting other team members and processing loan requests, loan servicing requests, and other credit services. Participates in the ongoing design of processes to provide exceptional service and achieve satisfactory credit administration goals which results in achievement of targeted credit quality with adequate compensation for risk. Provides analysis and support for analysis of loan applications for new or renewed loans and loan servicing. Incumbent approves/denies loans within delegated authority, and supports the analysis and loan structuring efforts of more experienced team members.
Successful candidates will:
- Credit Expertise & Analysis: Provides accurate financial analysis for intermediate sized client relationships by utilizing various software applications and other related systems; qualifies and validates financial information utilized in the credit decision making process; completes accrual earnings reconciliation as needed; remains updated on the industries serviced by the assigned office and/or business unit; maintains a working knowledge of various risk mitigation tools including FSA, RFA, SBA, USDA, and Farmer MAC programs.
- Client Service: Provides prompt turn around on credit and servicing requests; communicates the status of loans in process with internal credit, sales, and operations to insure coordination between external clients and Compeer Financial; supports all Compeer goals and achievement of market share growth by both the operations department and the lending team.
- Credit Administration & Reporting: Monitors loan performance for the organization; may work directly with sales team or with clients to develop a plan to cure loan delinquencies; works with database exception reports to ensure proper financial, collateral, and loan classifications are accurate; monitors utilization of OTS and provides ongoing counseling of its use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture economics, finance, accounting, business administration, or related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year related work experience
- Knowledge of core agricultural crop and livestock industries and production practices
- Basic understanding of credit processing and servicing activities, accounting principles and practices, credit analysis procedures, and credit administration
- Thorough knowledge of loan products, services, and credit operations
- Solid interpersonal, communication, team building, problem solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Solid computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and client databases such as TRAC, Salesforce, and other loan origination systems
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Compeer Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.