The individual manages a crop insurance book of business by functioning in an outside sales role. The incumbent markets Compeer Financial’s insurance products to clients and prospective clients based upon the individual’s need for these products. The individual generates new business with new and existing clients, while building strong relationships with clients and prospects.
Successful candidates will:
- Crop Insurance Sales and Service: Manages a crop insurance book of business by functioning in an outside sales role. Aggressively markets insurance products and expertise, by building relationships with clients, prospects and influencers which lead to new business and referrals. Maintains a prospect files, establishes ongoing prospecting plans and activities, and meets sales goals for Compeer Financial’s insurance business. Works to achieve the objectives set by the team for new business development within the designated marketplace. Uses CRM as a part of daily work practices.
- Crop Insurance Policy Servicing: Completes required documents for coverage including, but not limited to: applications, annual production history, acreage reporting and claims for clients. Reviews documents for accuracy and completion. Ensures the insurance products meet the needs of the client’s operation and reviews coverage selection with clients throughout the year to ensure reporting of any potential claims. Monitors any claims with clients and Approved Insurance Providers. Ensures timely settlement of claims.
- Client Relationships: Maintains client relationships through frequent interactions and periodic sales calls. Delivers “value added” informational services to the client. Acts as an important business resource who consistently provides new ideas and useful information that can be used to manage the client’s operation more effectively and efficiently.
- Product Knowledge/Expertise: Maintains a comprehensive understanding of crop insurance products available through Compeer Financial and all related FCS eligibility regulations; remain current on product details and program changes; effectively communicates the risk management strategies that can be achieved with these products that meet client needs; understands how our products compare to competitors and develop marketing plans that emphasize our strengths.
- Industry Knowledge: As an agricultural business resource to clients, builds on industry knowledge, including the areas of soil/crop management, fertilizers, seed hybrids, farm implements, new farm technology, animal husbandry and other specific agricultural basic knowledge pertinent to the geographical region or territory. Keeps up with fast changing farming practices and technology.
- Community Involvement: Develops and maintains a significant “professional presence” throughout the local community. Maintains active involvement in various related professional groups.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Current state insurance license to sell crop insurance.
- 1 - 4 years’ experience in the agribusiness/farming industry or similar experience in crop insurance sales or closely related field.
- Knowledge of crop insurance programs and information, grain marketing, finance and macroeconomics.
- Knowledge of Compeer Financial’s loan products and services, as well as credit operations.
- Knowledge of farm production methods, farm products, and farm business management/finance.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, client service and team skills.
- Effective problem solving, decision-making, negotiating and selling skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other business-related applications.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.