At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Crop Insurance Specialist (CIS) is responsible for selling and servicing all types of crop insurance coverage. This person will build strong relationships with industry contacts; with Farm Credit Mid-America teams in the service territory and with the end customer. The CIS will use knowledge of insurance and agriculture to provide contacts with value added information and customized solutions for their individual needs.
The CIS is responsible for compliance with all applicable insurance laws, regulations and all insurance company policies; and will be responsible for obtaining information needed for the insurance company to underwrite policies according to all appropriate laws and regulations. The CIS will work in the interest of providing the best possible crop insurance coverage that benefits both the customer and the Association.
Flexible to base locations to Kokomo, Lafayette, Crawfordsville, Williamsport, Rensselaer.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: The CIS will spend the majority of time working with customers to provide crop insurance coverage and follow up servicing. This includes efforts to build business contacts, and other referral network that aid in providing quality service to customers or prospects. Grade 15 CIS will spend the majority of time working with larger customers and the Agribusiness team.
- SALES AND MARKETING: The position will aggressively market risk management practices through crop/livestock insurance products. This includes maintaining an active database of key prospects, key customers, and generating an ongoing list of new prospects. The objective is to create customer relationships that contribute towards Farm Credit Mid-America goals. The CIS will also be aggressive in referring new crop insurance customers to FSOs for new loan business. He/she will make group sales presentations and provide training for other team members, customers and the general public.
- INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE: The CIS will build expertise in the areas of agriculture, risk management, insurance and technology and the needs of the ag producer market.
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCE AND GENERAL SUPPORT: The CIS will insure the technical aspects of crop insurance processing and tracking (in assigned offices) are timely, accurate, and in compliance with policies and procedures. The position will support offices by communicating clearly on customer issues, and providing support when needs for other Farm Credit Mid-America products/services are identified.
- RISK IDENTIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT: The CIS will play a critically important role in identifying risk and offering solutions to farmers for the financial risk in their farming operation.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: CIS will develop and maintain a significant professional presence throughout the assigned territory.
- Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm credit
mid-america and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
Education and Experience
This is the entry level for the Crop Insurance Specialist position. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field . Relevant and equivalent job experience may be considered in place of a bachelor’s degree. Work-related or education-related ag or agribusiness experience is desired and in some markets may be required.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
Farm Credit Mid-America has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- Fitness Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.