As one of the Farm Credit System’s associations, Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is a robust organization serving 1,300 member / owners in 31 counties throughout Southern Colorado. Over $1 billion in assets, Farm Credit of Southern Colorado’s approximately 60 staff members bring strength to its shareholders and communities.
Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is a member-owned cooperative that provides a wide range of financial products and risk management services for agricultural producers, agribusinesses, and farmland and rural homeowners. FCSC strives to provide a culture and environment that values fun, integrity, respect, service and trust.
Enterprise Risk Administration and Support
• Supports with the administration of the enterprise risk management program
• Identifies, Analyzes and Prepares the reporting of Portfolio Risk
• Maintains and improves the enterprise risk reporting dashboards and reporting metrics
• Assists and supports with the allowance for loan loss calculation and reporting
• Aides in the standup and integration of a risk management software platform
• Assists and prepares monthly and quarterly reporting
Vendor/Contract Management, Business Continuity Planning
• Assists with vendor management administration and contract management of association vendors
• Assists with business continuity planning and disaster recovery administration
• Identifies and monitors applicable FCA regulations and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including consumer credit laws.
• Evaluates the impact of new or revised regulations by:
- Reviewing FCA weekly bulletin updates and reporting to management.
- Reviewing FCA informational memorandums, book letters, guidance, and other communications, and communicating to appropriate staff.
- Maintaining a library of regulations, memorandums, book letters, etc.
• Researches and develops compliance training content and presentations for employees and Board members.
• Makes appropriate criminal referrals after determining if laws and/or regulations were violated.
• Works with marketing staff and reviews all marketing materials, including social media posts, to ensure regulatory compliance prior to publication.
• Partners with the Standards of Conduct Official to ensure insider loans are appropriately reviewed and approved.
Policies and Procedures
• Establishes a revision schedule for Association policies and procedures and tracks all revisions.
• Coordinates the periodic revision of all policies and procedures with appropriate staff.
• Verifies proposed revisions do not conflict with other policies and procedures or with regulations and laws.
• Recommends and implements changes to policies, procedures, and processes.
Minimum Qualifying Characteristics:
- BS/BA degree with emphasis on finance/business/economics or a related field
- 5 years of experience in risk management, banking and/or compliance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- Working knowledge of enterprise risk management practices and portfolio analysis
- Working knowledge of compliance and internal controls standards and procedures
- Knowledge of Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook sufficient to create, update, and save basic documents
- Skill in researching and complying with applicable laws and regulations
- Skill in interpreting, applying, and explaining laws and regulations
- Skill in differentiating between significant and insignificant details
- Skill in creating and updating various policies and procedures
- Skill in analyzing information to formulate logical and objective conclusions
- Skill in training others
- Skill in communicating effectively in oral and written forms
Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace and offers a great work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
FINAL DATE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: SCHumanResources@aglending.com