Many organizations talk about making a difference in the world. At Farm Credit Bank of Texas, it’s more than talk. That’s because we have a central role financing the ag producers and businesses that supply the world with food, fiber and so much more. And while you’re playing your part helping feed the world, we contribute to your personal success, too, with competitive compensation and a generous health-and-wellness benefits package. You can grow your skills using our online catalog of thousands of training options while working in a modern hybrid workplace located below the bluffs of the Colorado River just northwest of downtown Austin.
We are searching for an Enterprise Security Analyst. This role analyzes computer networks for security purposes using a variety of network analysis and security monitoring tools. Develops, evaluates, and recommends security tools. Educates users on security and data privacy issues. Responds to and implements security/incident/firewall requests; responds to data privacy incidents. develops awareness of well-known ports and associated vulnerabilities; analyzes log and network data collections; and develops an awareness of vendor security resources (patches). We desire a candidate with knowledge and experience in governance, risk management, and compliance who could assist with special projects, best practices, and controls.
Day-to Day-Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in our hybrid work design (3 days a week in the office, 2 days a week remote) you will:
- Monitor security logs and generates reports. Creates and maintains records on security incidents as necessary.
- Maintain network vulnerability and application scanning products. Maintains intrusion-prevention systems and other security-related products.
- Monitor data loss prevention incidents and works with data owners to mitigate risks.
- Communicate with users, vendors, and other IT personnel on security-related issues.
- Assist staff with resolution to certain technical problems. Confers with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters.
- Research problems and recommends solutions. Provides resource estimates and progress reports; serves on committees to develop technical standards and direction; and meets with FCBT users and technical staff to determine information needs and requirements.
- Ensure that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
- Participate in training and professional development sessions.
- Assist with vendor communications; research for networking projects; management of security monitoring systems; responses to requests for information; routine audits of firewall configuration entries; and interactions with law enforcement agencies.
What You Bring to the Team:
Our ideal candidate lives within a commutable distance from our office and appreciates the value of the hybrid work design.
It’s an important role that covers many skills. This position requires:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus four (4) to six (6) years of experience in security monitoring for computer networks.
This position requires advanced knowledge of security issues, techniques, and implications across a number of computer platforms. Professional knowledge of security products: IPS/IDS, Vulnerability Management, SIEM, data loss prevention, Event Monitoring, Anti-Malware, encryption, and network topology. Physical Security experience. Effective verbal and written communications skills. Excellent organization and time management skills
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive, affordable, and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, fi nancial security, and achieving a work-life balance:
- Flexible health-and-wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events
- Ongoing professional-development opportunities
- Generous tuition-reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
Who we are:
We are a $36.9 billion wholesale bank that’s been financing agriculture and rural America for over 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending associations in five states and we’re active in the nation’s capital markets.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. A real person will review your applications, meaning response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. We can’t personally follow-up with each applicant, and we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.