Location: East Lansing, MI, US, 48823
Company: GreenStone Farm Credit Services
General Ledger Accountant – East Lansing, MI.
Do you enjoy working in a team environment?
Do you have high attention to detail?
Do you have strong communication skills?
We are excited for you to apply to our General Ledger Accountant position. This position is in East Lansing, MI. This position is an integral part of our team that provides accurate accounting records according to generally accepted accounting principles. Our General Ledger Accountants work to reconcile ledger accounts, reconcile life insurance commissions, and assist with accounts payable, Bank Balancing entries, Bank Management Information System entries and Related Services System maintenance. This position also works with Branch staff to clear items and as backup support for other accounting teammates.
GreenStone employees are driven by a desire to help rural communities! GreenStone employees exhibit the same work ethic, values and commitment to each other as the customers we serve.
GreenStone is a financial institution with over $9 billion in assets and customers ranging from rural homeowners to global agriculture and food businesses. Our employees have a unique opportunity to maintain a local presence while working for a top workplace. Our diverse business structure provides exciting opportunities for passionate, talented professionals in many areas. Additionally, many of our team members are highly-respected in their area of expertise at both the state and national level making GreenStone one of the top Farm Credit associations in the country.
This position requires...
- Bachelor’s Degree within Business, Finance, Agribusiness or related majors preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in an office environment required
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting environment preferred
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems within established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of loan and accounting systems (BMIS, AP, and R&D)
- Proficiency in computer technology and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to accurately apply policies, rules and regulations.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate consistent, timely and accurate performance.
Here's What We Can Offer You...
GreenStone has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan – up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc.
- Student debt repayment program
- $100/year Logo Wear allowance
- $400/year Wellness Subsidy/Reimbursement & wellness programs
*** Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter