In this exciting role at our Washington, D.C.-based trade association, the government affairs specialist supports the Farm Credit Council's regulatory, legislative and grassroots functions through a wide range of duties, including analyzing issues, supporting workgroups and projects, and preparing briefing and presentation materials critical to the success of the organization. The position provides administrative support for the Farm Credit Council President and CEO and other executives in addition to providing other office support functions. The position reports to the President and CEO.
- Assists in analyzing various policy issues of importance to the government affairs activities of the Farm Credit Council and prepares briefing and presentation materials as appropriate.
- Provides organizational support for various regulatory, legislative and other workgroups managed by the Farm Credit Council.
- Works with President and CEO to research, develop and prepare briefing, speech and presentation materials, including serving as liaison to a wide range of audiences both inside the Farm Credit System and externally.
- Works with government affairs staff to organize and schedule Capitol Hill visits, prepare appropriate background materials, execute grassroots, political action and legislative activities.
- Assists the President and CEO, including scheduling, arranging travel, preparing expenses and other general administrative support.
- As needed, provides administrative support for the Executive VP-Government Affairs and Senior VP-General Counsel.
- Performs various other administrative functions, including:
- maintains general supplies for the office;
- maintains office equipment including handling relationships with various office equipment vendors;
- provides administrative support for a wide range of Farm Credit Council projects, meetings and events, including traveling to those events; and
- manages correspondence, including routing of incoming and outgoing mail and coordinating mass mailings.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of Congress, the Administration and the political process is preferred
- Project management experience preferred - attention to detail, solves problems with ease
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintains confidentiality as required and supports the core values and mission of the organization
- Position may require minimal travel
JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer-paid health insurance options
- 9-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Overview of the Farm Credit Council
The Farm Credit Council is the national trade association representing Farm Credit System institutions before Congress, the Executive Branch and others. The Council provides the mechanism for member grassroots involvement in the development of positions and policies with respect to federal legislation and government actions that impact Farm Credit.
Farm Credit has a mission to support rural communities and agriculture with reliable, competitive credit and financial services, today and tomorrow. More information about Farm Credit is available at www.farmcredit.com.
Farm Credit Council is an equal opportunity employer and values an inclusive and diverse workplace. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.