GreenStone Farm Credit Services is over an $10 billion financial services institution with over 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals.
We are looking for a Human Resources Intern in our East Lansing, MI corporate headquarters. The Internship will run from May 10th, 2021 through August 27th, 2021. Some travel will be required.
- Assist the Human Resources Department in the recruiting process including screening applicants, processing background checks, arranging assessments, and scheduling interviews.
- Process and audit semi-monthly payroll, imputing or assisting employees with inputting all changes.
- Create and maintain all personnel files and any separate files required for proper HR record keeping. Interact as necessary with staff, customers, and community partners to identify and tell the GreenStone story.
- Assist with employee event planning.
- Support department efforts as needed.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business.
- Sophomore Status or above.
- Experience in Human Resources and/or financial institution is preferred.
- Position requires strong administrative skills, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work with confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Position requires proficient use of grammar and business communication (both verbal and written), and ability to create forms, reports, presentations and correspondence.
- Detailed innovator with problem solving skills, creative, critical thinking and strong work ethic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a 3.00 GPA or higher.
Please include your resume cover letter and up-to-date transcripts.