Are you a motivated and detail-oriented student with a passion for human resources and talent acquisition? Do you want to gain hands-on experience in HR operations and contribute to the growth of a dynamic team? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to kickstart your career as a Human Resources Intern.
At GreenStone Farm Credit Services, we recognize that our people are our most valuable asset, and we're looking for a dedicated intern to join our Human Resources team. In this role, you will play a vital part in supporting our recruitment efforts, employee programs, and talent development initiatives.
This is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $19/hour.
Duration: May 2024- August 2024
Hours: Enjoy a consistent schedule of 8am-4:30pm, Monday – Friday, providing you with a stable work-life balance.
Location: Based in our East Lansing, MI office, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the local community while being an integral part of our organization.
What You'll Gain by becoming at GreenStone Intern:
- Hands-on experience in the agricultural finance industry.
- Networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
- The chance to work on meaningful projects that make a difference in rural communities.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment.
Get to know GreenStone
Our $13 billion portfolio of customers, ranging from rural homeowners to global agriculture and food businesses, provides our employees with a unique opportunity to maintain a local presence while working for a top workplace. Our diverse business structure provides exciting opportunities for passionate, talented professionals in many areas. Additionally, many of our team members are highly respected in their area of expertise at both the state and national level making GreenStone one of the top Farm Credit associations in the country.
Key Responsibilities of a Human Resources Intern:
- Recruitment Support: Assist the Human Resources Department in the recruiting process, including applicant screening, processing background checks, arranging assessments, and scheduling interviews to identify top talent.
- Internship Programs: Support the GreenStone intern and student ambassador programs, contributing to the development and engagement of future leaders.
- Career Fair Coordination: Coordinate, register, and plan GreenStone's college career fair season, creating opportunities to connect with potential candidates.
- Employee Events: Assist with employee event planning, fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Team Collaboration: Support department efforts as needed, collaborating with the HR team to achieve departmental goals.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in human resources.
- Sophomore status or above in your academic program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
Don't miss the chance to kickstart your career with an internship with GreenStone Farm Credit Services. Apply today and be a part of our mission to support agriculture and rural communities!
GreenStone Farm Credit Services is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity regulations. We conduct all personnel decisions and processes relating to our employees and job applicants in an environment free of discrimination and harassment.