- This position may be located in Bryan or Round Rock.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or comparable experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of audit experience in public accounting and/or relevant industry internal audit experience.
- Professional certification (CPA or CIA) desired.
- Works with process owners to implement and execute a program that ensures accuracy of documentation of business processes and information technology programs relevant to external financial reporting.
- Under the direction of Accounting Leadership, develop and implement strategies for all activities relating to compliance with ICFR, including:
- Managing daily operations in support of financial controls testing for compliance with ICFR.
- Helps identify gaps in processes
- Facilitate remediation efforts and work with process owners to ensure adequate updates/changes are taking place
- Serves as liaison between team members and internal or external auditors.
- Maintains and manages controls for the association using an ICFR software tool.
- Maintains a current status of developments related to matters of interest to the ICFR compliance function, such as evolving audit techniques and practices, and pronouncements by the FASB, IIA, FCA, COSO and other regulatory bodies.
- Prepares supporting documentation required for FCBT’s annual ICFR review of the Association.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with teammates.
- Perform other activities designated by senior accounting leadership, in support of the overall accounting function of the association.
- Serve as the main point of contact to process owners for any changes to processes and narratives, and provide guidance and suggestions
- Skills in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key risks, identifying significant exposures, analyzing transactions and information, and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness
- specific knowledge of audit concepts and techniques, accounting principles, and regulatory agency (such as the Farm Credit Administration) guidelines, regulations and standards.
- Working knowledge of pronouncements applicable to Management’s Testing of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Ability to perform project management responsibilities, including managing multiple tasks in different areas of the Association.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Ability to use various audit tools, such as electronic work papers, risk assessment tools, process mapping, internal control questionnaires, financial estimation, analytical reviews, data analysis, visual observation, and statistical sampling to perform audit procedures.
- Proficient in a Windows environment using various Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Access, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $8 billion in total assets and employs over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement