Farm Credit Services of North Dakota (FCSND) is a $1.3 billion agricultural lender with over 100 employees passionately serving the farmers and ranchers of northwest and north central North Dakota. Our staff includes approximately 20 full-time crop insurance professionals and over 40 licensed crop insurance agents. Our unwavering passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success. We seek highly motivated and engaged team members who actively reflect integrity and respect – core values that guide how we work and treat others. A career with FCSND also provides you the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive our regional economy.
We are seeking a highly-qualified candidate to join our Insurance team in a leadership role. For the right candidate, we will customize the ultimate set of responsibilities to optimize the fit and effectiveness for both the successful candidate and the Insurance Department. Possible titles include Insurance Coordinator and Vice President of Insurance. (Also, potential for SVP of Insurance for a sufficiently-qualified candidate.)
The possible range of key responsibilities includes:
- Subject Matter Expert: Proactively maintain high level of crop insurance expertise. Serve as a subject matter expert for insurance issues, questions, implications, and interpretations.
- Training: Proactively facilitate all Insurance staff in maintaining and enhancing their industry-leading product knowledge and expertise. Facilitate/coordinate/oversee training provided by affiliated crop insurance companies, with supplemental as-needed internal training.
- Networking and Communications: Proactively liaison with insurance companies, other industry stakeholders, and other Farm Credit System crop insurance leaders. Also, maintain effective ongoing coordination with the FCSND Lending Department.
- Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting: Develop annual crop insurance plans, goals, and budgets. Conduct ongoing monitoring and provide periodic reporting to staff, senior management, and the Board of Directors.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct or oversee processes of ensuring insurance activities are completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Insurance Sales Leadership: Proactively drive strategy and provide leadership for maximizing effectiveness of insurance sales (and profitability), product delivery, and customer service.
- Other Potential Activities:
- Personnel supervision could range from very limited to very extensive.
- Negotiate and execute contracts with crop insurance companies. Serve as primary relationship manager with insurance companies.
- Special projects and initiatives.
- Potential acquisition of other insurance agencies.
- Potential involvement in life and disability insurance activities.
- Lead community engagement activities for Insurance department.
- Actively participate in organization-wide Strategic Planning.
- Potential to serve on the Senior Management Team.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, agriculture, economics, or other similar field is highly desired. Six or more years (10+ years preferred) of progressive crop insurance experience required, involving both multi-peril and hail insurance. Experience as a crop insurance agent and/or with a crop insurance company is desired. A working knowledge of agriculture is preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Must be team oriented. Must be able to travel as needed.