AgTexas Farm Credit Services serves approximately 2,600 borrowers in a 43 county trade territory. The association has an average volume of approximately $2 billion. The loan portfolio consists of cotton, peanuts, livestock, dairy, feed grains, real estate and ag-related business loans. The association territory provides diversity in production and mortgage loans as well as commodities financed. The AgTexas Crop Insurance Department actively serves the territory with multi-peril, crop hail, livestock and pasture insurance products.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field or equivalent experience. Property & Casualty insurance license is required within six months of employment. Strong customer relationship skills and commitment to outstanding customer service. Works under moderate supervision. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as personal computer skills are required. Must be willing to travel within assigned territory to service policy holders.
Job Purpose and Scope
- Performs outside sales of crop insurance. Works with prospective clients and existing customers to explain features and merits of policies offered.
- Coordinate insurance policy loss claims.
- Develop long-term relationships with underwriters with multiple insurance companies for issuance and service of policies and reporting requirements.
- Work with the lending team to assure insurance needs are met.
- Market crop insurance products to existing and prospective members.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations.
Frequent interaction with association customers. Frequent interaction with association departmental staff. Occasional interaction with Farm Credit Bank of Texas staff and association senior management. Frequent interaction with area professionals and others who deal with the association in the normal course of business.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please apply here.
*AgTexas, at its sole discretion, may offer this position with a different title based upon the qualification of the candidate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.