- High School Diploma and enrollment at an accredited university (at the time of the internship) in at least a bachelor’s degree program with a field of study in Finance, Accounting, Ag Business, Ag Economics or other degree plan that supports a career in Agricultural Finance.
- Student should be of good academic standing (minimum 2.25 overall GPA).
- Should be enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate Student at the time of the Internship, with a preference for candidates completing their degree studies in the fall of 2021 or spring of 2022.
- Candidate must complete an online application and resume.
- Include a cover letter (can include with the resume) explaining interest in the internship, and any information that uniquely qualifies the candidate for consideration.
- Faculty recommendations are preferred and should be included with the cover letter and resume.
- The intern will be responsible for locating within a reasonable commuting distance of the internship location and responsible for living expenses throughout the term of the internship.
- Paid intern position for the summer of 2021.
- This job will begin approximately June 1 and will conclude approximately August 13.
- Intern will participate in the daily operations of the credit office and obtain exposure and insight to the work of loan officers, analysts, appraisers and administrators.
- By the conclusion of the internship, the candidate will be able to input and analyze loans processed by the Association.
- Previous work experience in financial industry is helpful but not required.
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- Should be team oriented, cooperative and show a strong work ethic.
- Business development or data analysis skills.
- November 12, 2020
- December 12, 2020, unless extended at the sole discretion of Capital Farm Credit
- A completed application, resume, and cover letter are required.
- All applicants will be required to complete a one-way video interview as part of the application process. Requests for video interviews will be sent via email after the application is successfully submitted.
- Please check junk and spam folders for the email if you do not see it in your inbox within two business days of submitting your application.
- If you would like to be considered for any of our other internship locations, please apply for each location of interest.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation.