Product Strategy Intern (multi semester)
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, a growing agriculture lender with over $40 billion in assets, has an exciting opportunity available for a Product Strategy Intern. The position will be located in Columbia, SC. The internship experience at the Bank is designed to partner with students by creating a stimulating learning experience through working on real projects that impact the business. If you are interested in elevating your career, you should consider an opportunity with us!
The Product Strategy Intern will:
A collroduct Strategy Internege-level intern to help complete Business Case Analysis and Competitor Analysis as needed, as well as complete supporting industry research from internal and external resources. Below are some examples of possible project work.
- Inventory of vendors and products chosen by commercial banks - Example: who are the players and what is their profile (financial standing, acquisitions, roadmap)
- Example: Other Farm Credit Banks, ACAs, and service providers have all made choices in the past year or so that impacts vendor market share
- Deep dive into a competitor business model, strategy identification, SWOT analysis, territory, market share, competitor landscape. - Example: Ag lending bank winning deals from Farm Credit recommend new lending strategy as a reaction
- State of the market for vendors in key spaces - Example: end of life technology in the spreading tool space drove nearly every commercial bank to purchase new products in the last 18 months
- Sales momentum and analysis of impact to AgFirst - Example: FIS picked up many clients from Moody’s in the past 18 months
§ Pro: Another Farm Credit Service provider and AgFirst are target clien ts for Moody’s (selections are pending for both)
§ Con: We see strained support from FIS and slow roadmap execution for Optimist.
- Emerging technology in the product space - Example: automated spreading technology
- Example: AI and natural language processing which completes first level credit analysis
This would be very good exposure for an intern and the project deliverables would be helpful to all Strategy Directors in Product Strategy. Scope could be expanded into the development or marketing of a product, time permitting.