Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are hiring an Internal Audit Manager to join our team. In this role, you will lead audit teams in performing operational, financial, compliance or investigative audits, while ensuring effective communication with the Audit Committees and leadership throughout the process.
- Identify risks and independently evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develop the audit objectives, plans, and scope, ensuring that audit programs are based on an appropriate risk assessment.
- Plan, manage and conduct audits of key risk areas in the Associations to ensure integrity of financial data, safeguarding of assets, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and recommend improvements in processes, procedures, and controls.
- Prepare reports of results of audits and projects to be presented to senior leadership and/or the Audit Committees.
- Perform additional special projects as needed maintaining professional objectivity and obtaining approval, if necessary, from the Audit Committees.
- Ensure all engagements are conducted in a manner consistent with the team’s charter, business objectives, the assessment of audit risk, audit customer needs, and Audit Committees’ priorities.
- Execute all engagements in a collaborative manner, maintaining effective communication with the audit customers, leadership, co-sourcing partners and the Audit Committees.
- Design, implement and maintain internal audit procedures for the internal audit function consistent with the Board-approved internal control policies and the International Professional Practices Framework. Establish standards of performance and monitor and report on results.
- Provide project management oversight to our co-sourcing partners for audits, projects, or compliance testing, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance is preferred
- 6-8 years related audit experience in public accounting and/or relevant industry internal audit
- Professional certification (CPA or CIA) desired