Join a team focused on the success of our customers, the success of our communities, and the success of each other. Farm Credit East is the leading provider of loans and financial accounting services to over 15,000 farmers, foresters, fishermen, and agricultural business owners across the northeast with over $7 billion in loan volume and over $25 million in financial accounting service revenue generated annually. When you pursue a career with Farm Credit East, you have the opportunity to positively impact the families and businesses that drive the Northeast economy.
The position will continue to promote and support the enterprise risk management approach within the Association. The incumbent will be directly involved with planning, developing and implementing the risk management function within Farm Credit East and as such, will be expected to contribute to this process being an effective and progressive resource for the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team.
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting thorough and accurate audits and special projects, as assigned. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to present audit and special project conclusions and findings. The incumbent will also promote the partnership-type relationship between the risk management staff and Association staff members.
Within this role, the incumbent will specifically focus on:
- Gaining a sound understanding operational matters and internal controls within the association.
- Conducting audits to assure compliance with established controls (i.e., policies and procedures). This includes documenting internal audit results and findings, and writing audit reports.
- Working with the Internal Auditor and Business Intelligence team to develop internal audit programs and reports to assure compliance with internal controls, regulatory requirements and to assess and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Overseeing the Association’s internal anti-fraud program.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all levels within the organization. A sound understanding of technology is a plus, especially the capability to query data and develop data models.
The incumbent will report to the Director of Internal Audit. This position is designed to develop the incumbent for a future leadership position.
With varying levels of supervision, depending upon the task assigned and experience, the Internal Auditor is accountable for the following:
- Audits: Conduct audits in accordance with the annual Risk Management Plan. Ensure compliance with Farm Credit East policies and procedures, as well as Farm Credit Administration and consumer lending regulations.
- Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Testing: Test controls in accordance with annual ICFR Plan to assess the reliability of financial reporting and the preparation of financial statements for external purposes.
- Special Projects: Complete special projects and assignments offered by Farm Credit East as prescribed by the Chief Risk Officer (or his delegate) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Teamwork and Communication: Contribute to a team atmosphere within the risk management group. Establish a good working rapport with Farm Credit East personnel, thereby promoting a partnership-type relationship between the risk management department and Farm Credit East staff. Provide clear, concise verbal and written reports to Farm Credit East management and staff regarding operational performance as observed from reviews, audits and special projects.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field.
Candidates with three to seven years of internal audit or related experience are preferred. It is also preferred that the candidate has obtained professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Designation as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is also encouraged.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- The ability to assess a process or procedure and identify control points, weaknesses and associated risk exposure.
- The ability to apply effective analytical and problem solving/decision making skills and exercise professional judgment, to express opinions on reliability, accuracy, and compliance with internal control systems and operations, and to formulate recommendations for improvements in efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- A general knowledge of audit concepts and techniques, audit standards and code of ethics, accounting and taxation principles, regulation and statutory accounting principles.
- General knowledge of data processing systems, including control concepts relating to operating systems, on-line systems, computer security, disaster recovery procedures, program testing and documentation, telecommunications, microcomputers and system applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to express concerns, ideas, suggestions, and criticism clearly and succinctly.
- Effective human relations skills and ability to develop strong relationships with leadership and others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate a team building attitude and skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and give priority to tasks accordingly without detailed guidance or instructions.
- Ability to think creatively and recommend alternatives and options to problems and issues.
- Proficient in computer applications critical to job performance (e.g., WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Overnight travel throughout the Association territory is required.
Farm Credit East is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. It is our goal to make employment decisions that further the principle of equal employment opportunity by utilizing objective standards based upon an individual's qualifications for a specific job opening.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), if you have a disability and would like a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position with Farm Credit East, please call 1-800-562-2235 or e-mail email@example.com.