This position is responsible for performing operational audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s established internal control systems and to report on the results of each audit in a written document to be shared with senior management, Board of Directors and oversight bodies (FCA, external auditors and AgriBank).
- Determines the scope of review in conjunction with audit leadership.
- Review and evaluates the organizations system of internal controls and determines compliance with Compeer’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Examines documentation to gather information and make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance and process improvements.
- Prepares and presents audit report results and documents process for senior leaders and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Engages in continuous knowledge development regarding industry rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2-4 years of experience working as an internal auditor or in the finance department within a financial institution.
- Knowledge of financial reporting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of auditing processes and controls.
- Knowledge of financial operations.
- Skill in analyzing information to formulate logical and objective conclusions.
- Skill in utilizing a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports to explain audit findings and recommendations.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments and utilizing time to complete work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
- Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law