This position is responsible for partnering with leadership and stakeholders to identify and assess key risks from an IT perspective within each department’s business processes while supporting systems and technology platforms. Evaluates the adequacy of key controls leadership has in place to mitigate those controls, assists in the development of new or enhanced controls, and supports the execution of operational audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s established and/or newly implemented or enhanced IT internal control frameworks (specifically around data integrity and quality, system controls and access, and IT security). Assists in the documentation and reporting of results of each audit in a written document to be shared with senior leaders, Board of Directors and oversight bodies (FCA, external auditors and AgriBank). Provides consulting services to various departments on IT changes being implemented within business processes and how those changes impact the existing IT control frameworks. The incumbent may assist in the delivery and execution of continuous assurance activities including, but not limited to the organization’s requirements around Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) testing.
- Determines scope of review (i.e. critical systems, platforms and interfaces) in conjunction with the Manager Operations Audit.
- Performs process-specific risk assessments around key IT components supporting those processes.
- Reviews and evaluates the organization’s system of IT internal controls and assesses control operating effectiveness, as well as reviews compliance with the organization’s policies, procedures and regulations (where applicable and in cooperation with 2nd Line Risk Management and Compliance resources).
- Makes recommendations and provides consultation on how to design, implement, improve or enhance IT internal controls, governance and operational efficiencies.
- Acts as the point-of-contact for the IA department’s engagement with external and outsourced IT audit providers to assess scope and objectives for those reviews and liaison with the internal business groups throughout the review.
- Performs effectiveness testing for internal controls over financial reporting.
- Determines through the testing of sample transactions, interface data quality, defined calculations, model results, data outputs and other events if IT controls are operating effectively, as designed, and in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, accounting, finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2-4 years of experience working as an IT internal auditor in a financial institution. Knowledge of IT/IS and data management methodologies, system access controls, financial reporting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of process risk assessment methodology.
- Knowledge of IT auditing processes and control design, implementation and testing.
- Knowledge of financial operations.
- Skill in analyzing information to formulate logical and objective conclusions.
- Skill in utilizing a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports to explain audit findings and recommendations.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments and utilizing time to complete work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Firm understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Section 404.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.