Law Clerk - Legal Intern
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, a growing agriculture lender with over $30 billion in assets, has an exciting opportunity available for a Law Clerk. The position will be located in Columbia, SC. The internship experience at the Bank is designed to partner with students by creating a stimulating learning experience through working on real projects that impact the business. If you are interested in elevating your career, you should consider an opportunity with us!
The Law Clerk will work within the legal department of the AgFirst Farm Credit Bank under supervision of bank attorneys on various corporate legal matters, as assigned. Assignments may include: legal research, document review, assisting with development, review and organization of corporate policy and procedures, maintaining files, preparing legal analysis and memorandum, and other legal matters. The intern will also interface with other Bank departments and staff, including, corporate records, information technology, and lending.
- Completion of first year law school with an acceptable GPA
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in legal research and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word