As the lead Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Developer, you will provide technical leadership and be responsible for the architecture, technical design, development, evaluation and administration of existing and proposed data warehouse and business intelligence systems.
In this role, you’ll lead continuous improvement efforts by enhancing performance, providing increased functionality, and supporting business intelligence systems based on current and future business needs. You'll foster collaboration with business analysts, champions, developers and quality assurance engineers to ensure they are working towards the same vision and goals.
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
- Lead and facilitate group discussions related to designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a successful enterprise data warehouse.
- Meet with business teams to understand future business needs and help translate business requirements into the appropriate data models that integrate with the enterprise data warehouse.
- Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders to establish, communicate and maintain the enterprise data warehouse architecture.
- Architect and assist in the design and development of ETL standards, policies, procedures, and metadata to ensure accuracy, consistency, integrity, and optimization of the information in the enterprise data warehouse.
- Create architecture diagrams to be used by the development team before the kick-off of each project.
- Promote a highly collaborative team environment following the Agile methodology to assist developers and quality assurance engineers in the successful accomplishment of strategic and divisional objectives.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure our customers' needs are met to the maximum extent possible in an accurate and timely manner.
- Lead and perform coding efforts with development team to successfully complete the goals of the projects in the development streams.
- Provide a high level of data integrity, security and availability for internal and external customers.
- Mentor, support and provide direction to lesser experienced teammates.
- Analyze future data warehouse requirements and develop long-term strategies for data warehousing and business intelligence usage while maintaining an effective and consolidated environment.
- Maintain accepted best practices and standards regarding the development, security, and utilization of all business intelligence systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS is required, graduate degree is preferred.
- 7 + years’ database management and development with experience in architecting large-scale data warehouses; experience with data warehouse and decision support tools in a Microsoft SQL Server environment required.
- Expertise architecting and developing with Microsoft database tools and technologies including but not limited to SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, PerformancePoint, PowerPivot, Power BI, Excel Services and SSRS.
- High proficiency with database architecture, analysis, development, administration, stored procedures, SQL query analysis and optimization and triggers.
- Microsoft MCDBA, MCITP, or MCSE (Data Platform), CBIP or other data warehouse certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively architect complex database warehouse and business intelligence systems to meet the need of the rapidly changing business environment.
- 18 vacation days and 15 sick leave days begin accruing the day you start
- 7 paid holidays
- Quality health, dental, vision insurance with competitive monthly premiums
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- All employees eligible for market competitive annual incentive program
- 401k potential for 9% employer contribution on day one
- Charitable giving donation match up to $250/year
- Tuition reimbursement and education assistance programs
- Health and wellness reimbursements
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.