Location: Sun Prairie, WI; Normal, IL; Mankato, MN; Fond du Lac, WI
Position Overview: This position is responsible for the origination of home, recreational land/bare land and home site loans in rural areas and communities. The incumbent maintains acceptable levels of loan unit/volume origination while building strong professional and client relationships and maintaining high client satisfaction results. Combines mortgage and business knowledge with an in-depth understanding of each client’s financial position to provide innovative and workable alternatives to create the best avenue to accomplishing client’s goals. Markets Compeer’s products and services to industry partners and prospective clients based upon their wants and needs. Supports and builds the Compeer Financial brand by developing a referral network of realtors, builders, consumer direct as well as other financial service providers and internal team members. The incumbent services a growing market of hobby farms, rural properties and conforming properties.
- Proactively markets and sells credit and related services, establishing new market relationships which contribute toward attainment of Compeer goals and business objectives.
- Creates networking and prospecting strategy that is suitable to servicing each territory and ensure alignment with Compeer’s branding and marketing protocol.
- Maintains positive accomplishments with client relations, community recognition and contributions to the Compeer Financial image as the leading financial institution committed to clients in rural areas.
- Originates loans by proactively seeking applications.
- Gathers income and verifies financials.
- Determines the appropriate loan program and terms to meet the client’s needs.
- Works with the credit and processing teams to secure a credit decision and ultimately a timely closing.
- Maintains client relationships through frequent interactions and periodic sales calls.
- Develops and maintains a significant professional presence throughout the local community.
- Provides formal group presentations and information workshops on current Rural Living Solutions topics and issues.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, agriculture or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- NMLS registration required.
- Demonstrate understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications and customer relationship management (CRM) programs.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Effective sales skills.
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other teams to achieve goals and represent the business.
- Valid driver’s license.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members’ education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video.
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.