- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of experience in loan administration, office operations, or customer service with exposure to financial services, mortgage, or title insurance industry preferred; or experience deemed equivalent at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Experience in administrative support functions.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment (required).
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- At a basic level, assists with developing and organizing loan applicant information for review and analysis by loan officers/underwriting staff and entering pertinent data into loan origination systems. With oversight, may enter financial information such as balance sheets and other data required to generate accurate credit scores on simple loans. With guidance, assist in reviewing loan applications and packages for accuracy and completeness. Learn about entity documents, real estate appraisals, title commitments, and UCC searches and the various situations in which each of these documents is required.
- With oversight, assists with the coordination of loan closings and review of closing documents to ensure they are accurate and complete. With guidance, review executed documentation to ensure proper execution, validate collateral is secured appropriately, i.e. deeds of trust are recorded, title policies are obtained and comply with Association requirements, UCC financing statements are filed.
- Develops an introductory knowledge of association product offerings and learns to discuss loan transactions and products with customers before referring them to more senior staff. Learns to identify cross selling opportunities of association products to refer to appropriate lending staff to meet those needs.
- Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis by answering phones and learning how to resolve customer inquiries with assistance. Becomes familiar with necessary communications between internal departments and external parties and can facilitate routine communication.
- Records new loans, establishes relevant files, disburses loan proceeds, processes loan payments, maintains a variety of loan records and obtains credit information with oversight. Assists in maintaining and monitoring borrowers’ loan covenants, reporting requirements and security documents including deeds of trust and UCC financing statements.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with required internal controls and administers various reports as required.
- Possesses a basic understanding of required procedures, policies, processes and regulations with an ability to research and apply them with oversight. Develops knowledge of, and ability to use, association programs and systems used in lending and office administration.
- Assists with general office administration.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment according to detailed instructions, which may include computers, paper shredders, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners.
Basic knowledge of:
- Accounting/financial systems.
- Office systems and equipment used for file management and file classification practices and retrieval of business information.
- Title insurance, Uniform Commercial Code, crop insurance, flood insurance, and credit life insurance documentation.
- Documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, UCC financing statements, and other collateral documents.
Specialized knowledge of:
- Professional oral and written correspondence principles.
- Beginning skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organization and time management practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $11 billion in total assets and over 600 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement