At FCS Financial, part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, we are looking for a Loan Closing Specialist to join our Team! FCS Financial is a member of the largest agriculture lending cooperative in the United States today. At FCS, we seek individuals who share passion for agriculture, rural living and helping people achieve their goals and dreams! FCS is seeking a pro-active, analytical, accurate, and precise individual. The Loan Closing Specialist position within the Loan Services Team reviews real estate and loan documents for accuracy and prepares documents for new loans, modifications, and servicing actions.
This position is open until filled.
This position is classified as Non-Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The starting salary for this position is $40,000, however salary may be commensurate with experience.
This position is located in Jefferson City, Missouri.
Department: Legal - Loan Services
Reports To: Team Leader, Loan Services
Percentage Job Functions
55% Document and Information Review
- Reviews various items including title commitments, appraisals, entity formation documents and other supporting documents for accuracy and adherence to regulations and Association policies and procedures
- Verifies and inputs information into applicable databases Performs maintenance to system data as necessary
- Follows up on questions, inconsistencies and missing information
- Answers questions regarding loan documentation
25% Document Preparation
- Generates and merges loan documents using applicable software
- Prepares closing instructions, escrow letters and various other documents for loan closings
- Prepares loan disclosures to adhere to compliance regulation
- Processes loan servicing actions and various other special requests
10% Closing Coordination
- Contacts customer, title company and branch staff to schedule closing date and time
- Communicates closing requirements and confirms requirements are met
- Coordinates preparation of settlement statement with the title company
- Reviews settlement statements with customers and answers questions pertaining to settlement figures
5% File Preparation
- Prepares files for loan certification by:
- Ensuring receipt of all final executed documentation
- Reviewing documents for accuracy and adherence to regulations and Association policies and procedures
- Scanning and uploading documents to their appropriate location to meet association retention guidelines
- Obtaining final loan policy and recorded deed of trust, mortgage and/or final attorney opinion from title company
- Follow up on outstanding loan documentation, as necessary, and maintain an organized tracking system to ensure that loan packets are finalizedwithin deadlines
- Communicating with title companies to resolve issues and/or obtain endorsements to loan policies
- Organizing and routing loan packets to colleagues for certification
5% Loan Certification
- Reviews required documents of colleagues to certify first lien on real estate loans
n/a Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
* Essential Functions for this position consist of all items listed under any category that make up 5% or more of the job duties. This job description is subject to change without notice.
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- 2 years of related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skills
- General knowledge of mortgage and commercial loan documentation
- General knowledge of real estate terminology and contracts
- Communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex issues
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer's problem or issue to find resolution
- Skill in utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- Skill in processing complex, detailed information in an accurate, thorough , and timely manner
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to share and exchange information effectively with peers, supervisors, customers and third parties
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency
- Skill in applying processes and procedures to factual data to come to make a logical decision
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data