1. Bring value to the customer. Manage the total AgCountry value proposition and business relationship at the individual customer level.
2. Administer credit. Implement established credit disciplines, processes and policies through delegated loan decisions, loan servicing, and analysis of loans.
3. Develop and execute business and sales plans. Develop and maintain plans for assigned portfolio/territory that summarizes opportunities, threats and needed resources. Maintain documented relationship plans for all key customers and prospects and attain business goals through sales execution.
4. Develop and maintain personal and professional skills. Develop and maintain a high-level knowledge of business concepts and AgCountry products and services. Proactively develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about production agriculture, commodity marketing, agricultural economics, technology, and other specifics pertinent to the assigned portfolio, industry, segment and/or territory. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of sales and marketing techniques, as well as solid credit skills and relationship building skills.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance, agribusiness, or related field and/or experience equivalent to the degree.
- Strong communication, negotiating, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Superior time management and personal management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, strong teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Sound financial judgment and lending acumen.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of financial information and identify creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions
- Prior lending or related experience.
- Working knowledge of risk management products such as MPCI, Hail Insurance and DRP.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, commercial banking, and the Farm Credit System.
- Knowledge of lending disciplines and the Association's credit portfolio.