Oklahoma AgCredit provides loans, leases and financial services to farmers, ranchers and rural businesses and homeowners in 60 of 77 counties in Oklahoma.
We are part of the Farm Credit System that supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable and consistent credit.
Oklahoma AgCredit offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Varied On and Off-the Job Learning Opportunities
- Customer-Focused Environment
- Opportunity to Give Back to Agriculture
Summary: The Loan Officer develops new business, structures, and closes agricultural and consumer loans within delegated authority consistent with Association lending policies, and maintains and services a portfolio assigned by the branch manager.
Customer Prospecting and Marketing
- Identifies potential customers by engaging in the community and talking with realtors, attorneys and others and researching landowner publications and legal documents
- Attends real estate, equipment, and livestock auctions to identify and engage with buyers
- Represents Oklahoma AgCredit at community events, seminars, conferences, and similar events
- Monitors loans and looks for rate conversion opportunities, completes partial releases and releases of liability, refinances loans and loan conversions
- Loan Renewals: Analyzes credit to determine if the loan can be renewed, increased, or decreased
- Calls on delinquent accounts to develop a plan to resolve delinquency
- Contacts current customers to maintain strong customer relationships
- Schedules field inspections
- Identifies and evaluates proposed collateral
- Takes and files photographs, location of chattels, sources of valuations, and summary of customer operations
- Completes education/certification requirements for chattel valuations
- Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness, agricultural economics, finance, business, or related field
- 1 year of related experience in agriculture or a financial services role or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of the agriculture industry, agricultural economics & marketing strategies
- Skill in reading and understanding income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and other financial reports
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of customer’s problem or issue to find a resolution
- Skill in reasoning persuasively to sell or promote the Association’s products and services
- Skill in utilizing various software applications to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Oklahoma AgCredit is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace and offers a great work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or protected veteran status.