The Loan Officer is responsible for marketing, new loan growth and the extension of sound constructive credit to borrowers and prospective borrowers.
- The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Actively marketing for new loan customers
- Securing, processing and approving a wide variety of land and agriculturally related loan transactions
- Supervising and servicing an existing loan portfolio
- Attending various farm and farm-related meetings sponsored by First South Farm Credit and other organizations
- Promoting good customer relations
- Performing additional duties, as required, to meet business requirements
- Meeting the requirement of daily attendance on the job for a full, continuous 8-hour shift
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Agriculture discipline or equivalent education/experience is required.
Must possess strong analysis, judgment and communication skills (both oral and written). Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills required, including ability to be assertive and decisive in making sound business decisions.
Prefer experience in management of an agricultural production loan portfolio or related practical experience, including Farm Credit experience.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and performance.
NOTE: Travel is required for this position.